Something happened recently that was a bit weird. A friend (or at least someone I thought was a friend) suddenly seemed to be unavailable. It was one of those shouting into the abyss moments where you reach out to someone and don’t get any kind of response so you’re left wondering what exactly it was that happened.
I mean, it’s not the first time it’s happened to me in life. If anything it’s happened a bunch of times and while it bothers me on one level and on another once it happens, it says something to me about the person. After it does happen I don’t know if I’ll ever have the same attitude towards them again.
In this case what was funny was that this went on for a week or three and oddly enough I was contacted by someone looking to fill a role; a job. This actually happens to me fairly regularly which is good, at least encouraging me for when I am set to jump ship.
While I would move on from my current gig (quite readily), I won’t move for something that is less than permanent. The person who had ghosted me has been out of work for a while and it’s starting to get a little desperate so regardless of what had happened I wrote back to the guy who reached out to me about the job and recommended the ghost.
Lo and behold the ghost got the gig which allayed some immediate concerns on that front and all of a sudden there was this urgency to reach out and I wasn’t really in much of a mood to talk.
Once burned, twice shy...
I’m on the fence about the whole thing but, it’s definitely colored my opinion of the guy. I don’t mind doing people a good turn, I’ve done that quite a bit through the years and I always feel it pays dividends ultimately and there is the putting good out into the world factor too.
Still, I can’t say I’m not disappointed once again in someone. I just wish for a change I would get surprised by people.
No comments:
Post a Comment